Ensuring LHINs are Accountable | Plans | Annual Report | Expense Reports
Integration | Funding | Performance | Open Data
Ensuring the Erie St. Clair LHIN is Accountable
The Ministry-LHIN Accountability Agreement establishes key funding and operational expectations of LHINs and the ministry. The LHINs subsequently set out requirements with their health service providers through service accountability agreements for the funding and delivery of services.
The LHINs report back to the ministry on their performance on a quarterly basis. Similarly, health service providers are accountable to the LHIN for both their own performance and their contributions to shared objectives. The LHINs will continue to be accountable to the public through public reporting on key indicators.
The Minister’s expectations for the LHINs is set out in a Minister’s annual mandate letter, which is available on each LHINs websites. LHINs report publicly on their plans and progress through their Annual Business Plan and Annual Report.
The Patients First Act, 2016, strengthened the LHINs’ accountability for local health service planning and performance as well as supported the goal of providing care that is more integrated and responsive to local needs.
Local Health System Integration Act (LHSIA)
- ESC LHIN - Accountability Agreement - 2007-2010 - English
- ESC LHIN - Accountability Agreement - 2008 - Technical Documentation - English
- ESC LHIN - Accountability Agreement - 2008 - Wait Times - English
- ESC LHIN - MLPA - 2010-2012 - English
- ESC LHIN - MLPA - 2013-2015 - English | French
- ESC LHIN - MLPA - 2013-2015 - Amending Agreement - English
- ESC LHIN - Ministry-LHIN Accountability Agreement - 2015 - English
- ESC LHIN - Ministry-LHIN Accountability Agreement - 2017 - English | French
Memorandum Of Understanding
Broader Public Sector Accountability
Generally, the “Broader Public Sector” refers to the organizations that receive funding from the Government of Ontario. They are not, however, a part of the government itself. Click here for more information.
Francophone Community Engagement
- LHSIA - Ontario Regulation 515-09 - Francophone Community Engagement - English | French