ESC LHIN Rehabilitative Care Committee
The ESC LHIN Rehabilitative Care Committee works to develop communication strategies and implementation plans to enhance access and patient flow to all bedded levels of rehabilitative care, outpatient and community rehabilitation services.
The ESC LHIN Rehabilitative Care Committee endorses the provincial RCA definition of rehabilitative care:
- It is delivered in homes, community based locations, long term care homes and hospitals.
- People may require rehabilitative care as a result of illness, injury, lifelong disability, chronic disease, or degenerative condition.
- It incorporates a broad range of interventions that address one or more of medical/clinical care needs, therapeutic needs, and/or psycho-social needs.
- The desired outcomes of rehabilitative care will include one or more of maintenance or sustaining of functionality, restoration of functionality and/or development of adaptive capacity.
Erie St. Clair LHIN’s integrated system of rehabilitation services optimizes abilities, health and quality of life for its residents.
Through regional partnerships, we provide a coordinated and sustainable system of high quality, person-centred rehabilitative care that maximizes independence and supports active living.
- ESC LHIN Rehabilitative Care Committee Terms of Reference