Indigenous Health Planning Committee
As the planning and coordinating body of decision makers, the Indigenous Health Planning Committee (IHPC) has the responsibility of setting out the priorities for the health care needs of the Indigenous communities within the ESC LHIN.
As a collective, the IHPC will provide recommendations to the ESC LHIN senior management, Board of Directors, and staff on:
- Indigenous patient and community health care needs and priorities
- Systemic barriers
- Social determinants of health
- Community engagement
- Integration/coordination opportunities
The IHPC will also offer input on culturally appropriate and effective community based strategies including areas of potential investments needed to address health care issues.
Terms of Reference
The Terms of Reference for the IHPC is an evolving document that is undergoing frequent revision. To view the most recent Terms of Reference, please click here.
Indigenous Health Strategic Plan
The IHPC is has developed an Indigenous Health Strategic Plan for the Erie St. Clair region. The three-year plan aligns with the ESC LHIN’s Integrated Health Service Plan and includes an annual set of priorities.
For more information on the Indigenous Health Planning Committee, please contact Tanya Baniak, Erie St. Clair LHIN Regional Indigenous Health Integration and Strategic Liaison, at Tanya.Baniak@lhins.on.ca.
Provincial Aboriginal LHIN Network (PALN)
Each of the 14 LHINs has a dedicated staff Lead to facilitate Aboriginal engagement and planning. These LHIN Leads have formed a community of practice called the Provincial Aboriginal LHIN Network (PALN), which is linked to the LHINs CEO table.
for more information on the Provincial Aboriginal LHIN Network.
Indigenous and Métis
communities in Erie St. Clair
- Caldwell First Nation
- Bkejwanong First Nation (Walpole Island First Nation)
- Aamjiwnaang First Nation(Chippewas of Sarnia First Nation)
- Kettle & Stony Point First Nation
- Delaware First Nation, Moravian of the Thames
- Fiddle & Sash Métis Association
- Sarnia Lambton Native Friendship Centre
- Can-Am Friendship Indian Centre
- Windsor Essex Métis Nation of Ontario