ESC LHIN Addiction Strategic Plan
The Erie St. Clair LHIN worked with local addiction service providers, health care professionals, and members of the public, to create an Addiction Strategic Plan
that identifies priorities and system improvements.
Addiction Strategic Plan Aims
- Creating a vision and guiding principles
- Improving access to ensure a seamless experience for the client
- Increasing treatment options, utilization, and program retention by matching client needs to services
- Reducing repeat emergency department visits within 30 days for substance misuse
- Reducing hospital admission and readmissions related to substance misuse
- Increasing coordination and integration between addiction and mental health sectors
- Decreasing wait times for addiction services
- Focusing on the client, including family members, to ensure positive experiences and clinical outcomes
For more information, please download a copy of the plan.