The Erie St. Clair LHIN is Looking for Your Help in Shaping the Future of Local Health Care
The Erie St. Clair Local Health Integration Network (ESC LHIN) is developing its fourth Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP). It is our roadmap for planning local health care and it provides details of the key health system strategic directions we will pursue over the next three years. The IHSP 4 is a document that sets out shared goals for the LHIN-funded organizations and service providers who make up the local health care system, including:
- Community support service agencies
- Community health centres
- Community Care Access Centre
- Community mental health and addiction agencies
- Long-term care homes
In our IHSP 4 (2016-2019), the focus will continue to put people and patients first - improving their health care experience and their health outcomes – as outlined in Ontario’s Patients First: Action Plan for Health Care.
As the ESC LHIN works with our planning partners to develop the IHSP 4, we also want to hear from patients, clients, consumers, residents, and caregivers about their experiences with the local health care system. You have a chance to sit in the driver’s seat and help us plan the next three-year roadmap. Your thoughts and ideas can help us work through the process of outlining the strategic priorities designed to create better care, better experiences, and better value for everyone.
There are two ways the ESC LHIN is inviting people to become involved:
- Complete a brief survey to help us determine what can make the biggest difference with the next IHSP
- Attend one of the three community engagement sessions being held in Chatham-Kent, Sarnia/Lambton, and Windsor/Essex
More information on the survey and the engagement sessions can be found on our website at www.eriestclairlhin.on.ca.
By working together, we have the opportunity to shape and improve the health care system in our region.
“People across our region are passionate about local health care. We want to tap into that passion and leverage the knowledge in our communities in order to help develop our next three-year plan. We are inviting everyone to fill out our survey and attend the community meetings.” - Gary Switzer, Chief Executive Officer, Erie St. Clair LHIN
- To complete the online survey, please click the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8NN6RHY
- You can download a printable version of the survey from our website at www.eriestclairlhin.on.ca
- Surveys are also available at select locations including Family Health Teams, Community Health Centres, and Nurse Practitioner Clinics