ESC LHIN Funds New Community Health Centre Site in Leamington and Area
LEAMINGTON, ON – The Erie St. Clair LHIN has committed annualized funding of $1 million to the Windsor Essex Community Health Centre (WE CHC) to support operations including programs and services at the new Leamington CHC site.
Residents of Leamington area without a primary care provider may be able to access services in their community through the new WE CHC site. The Leamington site of the Windsor Essex CHC was funded to address the need for increased access to primary care and health promotion needs in the area, with a focus on serving priority populations such as Low-German speaking residents, migrant workers, newcomers, indigenous individuals, and those with low/no income.
In addition to the primary care provided by the nurse practitioners and physician on site, the Leamington CHC site has allied health professionals offering services such as:
- general counselling
- dietitian services
- one-on-one and group supports for individuals affected by diabetes
- hepatitis C support and intervention
- respiratory therapy
- foot care
Further, the clinic will offer the Leamington and Area Moms and Babies (LAMB) program, a partnership program with Leamington District Memorial Hospital and other local health care providers, with the goal of helping to ensure healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.
The Leamington CHC site is located at 33 Princess Street, Suite #450 and is now accepting patients. To learn more about the care or services provided at the Leamington CHC site please visit www.wechc.org or call 519-258-6002.
“This new Community Health Centre is a major step forward in ensuring all members of the community in the Leamington area have access to high quality, culturally appropriate care that meets their unique needs. I want to thank all the community partners who worked together to make this project a reality.”
-Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
“By making these types of investments, we can create opportunities to improve the health of those who may find challenges accessing care elsewhere. Programs and services like those at the WE CHC create another resource for accessing care in our community.”
-Ralph Ganter, Acting CEO, Erie St. Clair LHIN
“…WE CHC is there to support the vulnerable populations in Leamington and the surrounding area by providing needed care and services close to home…”
-Kathryn Hengl President, WE CHC Board of Directors
- A media event and open house will be held on September 28th, 2016 from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at 33 Princess Street, Suite #450 in Leamington. The event will include several speakers including Erie St. Clair Acting CEO Ralph Ganter and John Mowat, Windsor Essex Community Health Centre, Board Vice Chair. The formal agenda will be followed by tours of the facility. All are welcome to attend and learn more about programs and services offered to Leamington and Area.
- For more information on the Windsor Essex Community Health Centre, please visit: http://www.wechc.org.
- For more information on the Erie St. Clair LHIN, please visit: www.eriestclairlhin.on.ca.